When? Sunday night Where? Tara’s Who? 4 Haitian DJs What? An unforgettable night
For the first time in a really long time in Haiti, Nocterm Entertainment hosted an event with a special guest DJ being one of our own: Michael Brun. For years we’ve seen very famous and international DJs such as AVICII, Steve Angelo, Max Vangeli… Although these events were all awesome, Amazonia was the first to only host Haitian DJs with Bernard Chauvet, DJ Bullet and DJK9 who each played 2 sets.
The crowd went absolutely wild as Michael started playing. His very energetic presence on stage was completely contagious. On the sides of the stage were 2 dancers from Ultra music festival dancing and animating the show. For once the place to be was on the floor with the crowd, moving and even jumping to his beats.
The event saw a parade of fashionable outfits, from urban street chic to glamorous dresses. Everyone came dressed to impress and to each their individual style.
What we loved most about this event, were the guys who took some risks. Harem pants? Yes please! Some guys sported a European style with moccasins and patterned scarves. It was such a pleasure to see people step out of their comfort zone.
Just like last year, Amazonia lived up to its expectations and was probably the best per-Christmas party for the second year in a row. Congrats to the Noctem Entertainment group!
Once in a while a rare talent surprises each generation. Be it an artist, a musician, or an athlete. But for the first time ever, Haiti has a international ambassador for Electro music. This DJ has created such a hype with his music, big DJs have taken a serious interest in him.
Raised in Haiti with a Guyanese mother and Haitian father, Michael Brun developed a passion for music at an early age. At 16 years old, he took up DJing and today at only 21 years old, he is the first Haitian to have worked with and received support from well known DJs such as Axwell, Avicii, Hardwell, Sebastien Ingrosso and many more.
We asked this EDM superstar a few questions to share with you! Check it out:
– When did your passion for music start? My parents had me enrolled in piano lessons since I was 6, and I’ve loved music ever since.
– Was the decision to become a DJ an easy one? Yes. I loved producing music already so the transition to DJing live shows was natural.
– What was your first big DJ gig? My first headlining show was at LIV in South Beach in February 2013.
– How does it feel to be playing in Haiti this December? It’s extremely exciting to be playing back in my hometown again. It’s been about 2 years since the last time I last played there and I’ve developed so much as an artist since then.
– How would you describe your on stage fashion? Black on black and a nice pair of kicks. Simple but classic look.
– What is your everyday style? Jeans with solid color tees.
– What is your favorite part about being on stage? The transfer of energy between the crowd and myself.
– Who do you most look up to in this business? Dirty South. He’s very talented but still humble, and I think that’s an important quality to have as an artist.
– What was your best moment on stage? Playing my original track ‘Halfway’ at TomorrowWorld in Georgia and having the crowd of 8,000 people singing along.
Michael will be playing at Amazonia on the 22nd! So be at Tara’s to witness greatness in the making. Are you excited? Because we sure are!