The Primetime Emmy Awards Ceremony is one of Hollywoods biggest events… From SNL‘s Tina Fey to Mad Men‘s buxom Christina Hendricks, anyone who is anyone is invited
The Emmy Awards had some very clear trends going on… The least expected was the plethora of yellow gowns, as yellow is rarely the most flattering color. The curvy bombshells showed off their curves, and some even showed their very pregnant curves (Congrats to the lovely Clare Danes). In a nutshell, the Emmy Awards was as always, a star studded event that flaunted the best and worst of fashion.
FOR THE WORST:
5) Amanda Peet looks washed out in the nude gown. Unfortunately the fit isn’t any better… She looks a little shapeless. How unfortunate…
4) Glenn Close is also a miss I’m afraid. The pattern is odd, which isn’t necessarily bad but it’s quite unflattering.
3) Julianna Margulies wears a Giambattista Valli gown. The print is a reminiscence of 18th century french chateau curtains… It doesn’t seem very inspired now does it?
2) Ashley Judd‘s Carolina Hererra is too pink, too shiny. The fabric does not feel chic enough for the red carpet.
1) Julianne Moore in Christian Dior. I love Julianne Moore, but the big Canari yellow dress is so wrong for her complexion and hair color… It’s a little Big Bird from Sesame street.
And our Faves of the night are…
5) Kat Dennings looks anything but broke in this gorgeous maroon J.Mendel. The dress fits her curves like a glove.
4) Ginnifer Goodwin in Monique Lhuillier. The Once upon a time star looks very avant garde in this vibrant number.
3) Emily VanCamp in J.Mendel is perfection. The soft grey of the gown offsets her complexion nicely. Love!
2) Kelly Osbourne wears a purple Zac Posen gown and looks so chic. I love how her hair compliments the gown… As for the lips… Always a fan of plum!
1) And the winner is… Julianne Hough in a Swarovski crystal embellished Georges Hobeika gown. Nothing looks better on a blond than blue, and this aqua gown is stunning and dramatic… So Emmy Worthy.